St. Johns Soccer Club – Game Day Reminders
Just a quick reminder about game day details and etiquette as we begin our Fall 2020 season this weekend for most teams.
- Players must wear masks for the game
- No limit on Parents or Spectators
- If social distancing cannot be maintained, masks must be worn if not with members of your own family or group.
- Asking everyone to be smart, use common sense so we can play our games and you can enjoy the somewhat sense of back to normal.
- Absolutely no disrespecting game officials, coaches, or members from the opposing teams.
- This is youth soccer, not World Cup play, so please be mindful of comments and attitudes.
- St. Johns is a great community and we would expect our teams to represent that to those visiting us for games.
- Remember that the only way games are cancelled due to weather are:
- Randy Padgett, the SJSC Complex director closes the complex or field if there is 10% or greater coverage of standing water.
- Game Referees determine the field or current/pending weather conditions to be unplayable or dangerous to play.
- Lighting or thunder persists past the allowable time frame set by the Refs to complete the game
- When lighting or thunder is present, all players and spectators are to leave the field/complex and return to their cars for 30 minutes.
- Typically, if the game is called in the first half, the game will be rescheduled. If the game is called sometime after halftime, normally the game is considered complete and the current score will stand.
- The league director/president can cancel all games and would email coaches and community reps prior to making this decision.
Looking forward to a great start to our season and seeing everyone back on the pitch. Be safe this weekend and enjoy the time with family, friends and the sport we all love.
Thank you to the following local businesses for their support of SJSportsPage.com
Redwings Post 2nd & 3rd Place Finishes at Conference
Congratulations to the Redwing Track and Field Team for finishing 2nd (girls) and 3rd (boys) at Thursday’s CAAC Conference Meet. The last meet of the year will be the Honor Roll Meet, next Tuesday at Waverly. Go Redwings! Varsity – Womens 1. Mason 178 2. St. Johns 94 3. Fowlerville 93 4. Williamston 56 5.…
Boys Varsity Golf Updates
Thank you to Coach Schultz for sending updates on the boys golf season. We are excited to follow along! We will update this post with each new update. Go Redwings! CAAC League Championship Meet @Timber Ridge 5/27/2021 Lansing Christian Invitational @ Hawk Hollow 5/19/2021 CAAC Red JAmboree @ St. Johns 5/18/2021 Tullymore Invite 5/10/2021 East…