St. Johns Soccer Club – Game Day Reminders
Just a quick reminder about game day details and etiquette as we begin our Fall 2020 season this weekend for most teams.
- Players must wear masks for the game
- No limit on Parents or Spectators
- If social distancing cannot be maintained, masks must be worn if not with members of your own family or group.
- Asking everyone to be smart, use common sense so we can play our games and you can enjoy the somewhat sense of back to normal.
- Absolutely no disrespecting game officials, coaches, or members from the opposing teams.
- This is youth soccer, not World Cup play, so please be mindful of comments and attitudes.
- St. Johns is a great community and we would expect our teams to represent that to those visiting us for games.
- Remember that the only way games are cancelled due to weather are:
- Randy Padgett, the SJSC Complex director closes the complex or field if there is 10% or greater coverage of standing water.
- Game Referees determine the field or current/pending weather conditions to be unplayable or dangerous to play.
- Lighting or thunder persists past the allowable time frame set by the Refs to complete the game
- When lighting or thunder is present, all players and spectators are to leave the field/complex and return to their cars for 30 minutes.
- Typically, if the game is called in the first half, the game will be rescheduled. If the game is called sometime after halftime, normally the game is considered complete and the current score will stand.
- The league director/president can cancel all games and would email coaches and community reps prior to making this decision.
Looking forward to a great start to our season and seeing everyone back on the pitch. Be safe this weekend and enjoy the time with family, friends and the sport we all love.
Thank you to the following local businesses for their support of SJSportsPage.com
Redwing Swim and Dive Team Results at Dewitt
The Redwings fell to Dewitt 130 to 54 in a road dual meet on Tuesday night. Highlights included Shane VanAbel and Koy Grams finishing 1, 2 in the 200 IM, Max Leasher and Preston Longoria going 2,3 in the 500 Freestyle and a nine second time drop by Sebastian Luce in the 100 Freestyle. Coach…
Wrestling Results East Lansing Quad 3/3/21
East Lansing Quad 3/3/21 Results via Trackwrestling.com Full Redwings Scoreboard Recent Wrestling News Haslett 30 St. Johns 54 125: Leandro Santos (HASLETT) over (STJOHNS) (For.) 130: Jacob Brya (STJOHNS) over William Gray (HASLETT) (Fall 1:24) 135: Cole Riedel (STJOHNS) over Charles Ross (HASLETT) (Fall 1:05) 140: John Kinkema (STJOHNS) over Richard Barshaw (HASLETT) (Fall 0:51)…
Redwing vs Hornets Basketball Highlights
3/2 Girls Basketball at Williamston Varsity(4-4) (L) 42 Williamston Hornets 63 Junior Varsity(6-2) (L) 36 Williamston Hornets 51 Freshman(5-1) (L) 30 Williamston Hornets 34 3/2 Boys Basketball (home) vs Williamston Varsity(1-8) (L) 54 Williamston Hornets 59 Junior Varsity(8-1) (W) 47 Williamston Hornets 33 Freshman (5-1) (L) 33 Williamston Hornets 52 Photo credit: Josh Ortman, Ortman…