Session 3 Indoor Soccer and New Futsal League
Indoor Session #3 Registration for the 2019-20 Season is now open.
Last chance to prepare for the coming spring outdoor season.
- Elite teams will begin Session #3 league games on February 15th and go through March 22nd.
- No practices, just games on the weekends.
- Elite teams will be done before Spring Break
- HS Girls and HS Coed will be done before MHSAA HS Girls Soccer Starts.
- Player Registration Closes on January 24th.
- More information about Elite can be found on the Website (elitedevelopmentsoccer.com)
CLICK HERE to Register your player for Session #3
ELITE DEVELOPMENT SOCCER – NEW LEAGUE PLAY OPTION
- We will begin offering players an additional option of participating in Futsal as Elite Development Teams within a local area Futsal League.
- As Elite Development Soccer continues to grow it’s service offerings for player development opportunities, Futsal league play is being added as an option for players to choose as a parallel program or a replacement to traditional indoor soccer.
- Futsal develops player technical and tactical foot skills faster than any other soccer related play.
- It’s extremely fun for both players and spectators. Fast action, constant changing team possession and quick scoring
- Both of my daughters have played Futsal at the highest youth levels in both the State of Michigan and the Nation on Lansing City Futsal’s Youth Academy Teams.
WHAT IS FUTSAL
- Amodified form of soccer played 5v5 including goalies on a smaller, typically basketball court sized indoor field/court.
- Normally 9 players rostered per team, per game.
- Games/Matches are usually two 22 minute halves.
- Here is a Quick Video Explanation of FUTSAL from FIFA.
WHERE WILL WE PLAY FUTSAL
- LANSING CITY ARENA / LANSING CITY YOUTH FUTSAL LEAGUE
- Across from the Lansing Mall to the East
- 904 Elmwood Rd, Lansing MI 48917
- All of our games will be played in the new 35,000 square foot climate controlled building. Plenty of seating so you can enjoy watching your kids play in comfort.
ELITE DEVELOPMENT FUTSAL TEAMS – IMMEDIATE LEAGUE PLAY OPTIONS AND LEAGUE DETAILS
- We will begin registering players immediaetly for Futsal League Play in the following teams online via the Elite Development Website with games starting on February 8, 2016 (registration deadline is January 17, 2020).
- U09-U19 Boys
- U09-U19 Girls
- HS Coed
- 6 GAME YOUTH LEAGUE (FEBRUARY 8TH – MARCH 22ND) ~ Please Note: HS Girls and HS Coed will end their 6 games before March 16 due to MHSAA HS Outdoor Season.
- Each game will consist of 2- 22 minute running clock halves with a 2 minute half time. Each team will have 5 minutes to warm up. Game clock will start at its scheduled time.
- Teams will play 5v5 (4 + Goalie). Shinguards are required. No turf shoes or cleats (Smooth Soled Indoor Shoes Only)
- Games will be played on Saturday’s and Sunday’s only. No games will be played the weekends of February 22nd and March 7th. Elite Teams will be done before Spring Break!!
- 1st game schedules will be posted by February 3rd. Complete schedules will be posted on February 11th.
Thank you to the following local businesses for their support of SJSportsPage.com
Redwings Post 2nd & 3rd Place Finishes at Conference
Congratulations to the Redwing Track and Field Team for finishing 2nd (girls) and 3rd (boys) at Thursday’s CAAC Conference Meet. The last meet of the year will be the Honor Roll Meet, next Tuesday at Waverly. Go Redwings! Varsity – Womens 1. Mason 178 2. St. Johns 94 3. Fowlerville 93 4. Williamston 56 5.…
Boys Varsity Golf Updates
Thank you to Coach Schultz for sending updates on the boys golf season. We are excited to follow along! We will update this post with each new update. Go Redwings! CAAC League Championship Meet @Timber Ridge 5/27/2021 Lansing Christian Invitational @ Hawk Hollow 5/19/2021 CAAC Red JAmboree @ St. Johns 5/18/2021 Tullymore Invite 5/10/2021 East…