Who: Girls in 3rd – 8th grades. Please read all the information then, register here.
Dates: Week of April 4-Week of May 16
Instructional games/scrimmages will be played on Thursdays from 6-8 pm.
Thursday, April 7 (practice night for all Williamston teams)
Thursday, April 14
Thursday, April 21
Thursday, April 28
Thursday, May 5
Thursday, May 12
Thursday, May 19
Practice: Each team will have one practice per week. Practice dates and times will be determined based on availability of coaches and facilities. *UPDATE practices will be on Tuesdays.
Cost: $55, includes t-shirt for modified games/scrimmages, please bring payment to the first practice.
Where: Home games and practices will take place at St. Johns Middle School. Away games will be at Haslett, Okemos or Williamston. You will be responsible for your own transportation.
What to Expect:
- Everyone that signs up will be placed on a team. Our goal would be to have 8-10 players per team and we will make more than one team per grade level if necessary. Everyone is guaranteed playing time.
- Our game nights will consist of modified volleyball games. Athletes will participate in 6 v 6 live game play against another team but we will not necessarily follow all of the rules of traditional volleyball matches. Various forms of wash games will be played.
- Why? Most elementary and middle school volleyball consists of teams alternating serves or one player serving multiple aces in a row. There is very little over the net play and this limits the number of contacts and game-like experience athletes receive. We want to maximize training opportunities for our athletes and provide a positive experience that will help athletes learn more about the game and develop and grow their skills on the court.
- Modifications may include but are not limited to: players may serve from anywhere on the court – they do not necessarily have to be behind the end line so that we can get a ball in play, wash drills will be used, coaches may toss balls to begin play, substitution/rotation rules can be broken, we may not keep score, etc.
Checklist of things to do to sign-up:
- Complete google form located here. (or type https://bit.ly/springvbregistration) We need coaches! If you are willing to coach or help coach a team, please indicate this on the last question of the google form.
- Complete payment of $55 by bringing a check or cash on the first night of practice.
- Check your email for specific team information including coach name, team roster, and practice schedule. You should expect to receive this information soon.
Please register as soon as possible. Registration will close Wednesday, March 23, 2022.
Contact Kelly Hutchinson, email@example.com, with questions.
Redwing Cross Country Selections – Runner of the Year, Dream Team and All Area
Congratulations to the Redwing Cross Country athletes who were all selected by the Lansing State Journal as Runner of the Year, Dream Team and All Area Team members! Photo Credit: Josh Ortman, Ortman Productions. See all the pictures from St. Johns Sports and Events at: https://www.ortmanproduction.com/stjohnshighschool Cover & action photos: SJSportsPage.com Runner of the Year…
Districts – Redwings vs Panthers
St. Johns vs Dewitt Volleyball -District 11 October 30, 2023 @SJHS Redwings 2 (18-25-25-25-4) Dewitt 3 (25-23-27-14-15) Redwings regular season final record: 10-0 Conference (28-7-4 overall)
Redwings Shine at Cross Country Regionals
The Redwing girls cross country team won the Regional Championship for the 2nd year in a row at Dewitt on Friday! The boys team came up only one point away from repeating as well, finishing runner-up to Parma Western. Both teams will compete in the MHSAA D2 State Finals next Saturday (11/4) at Michigan International…